So with this work flow in mind I've decided to start a regular feature for our meetings. Myself and others will demonstrate how to effeciently do these tasks in the software as well as tricks on doing them easier and faster. We will present these over the next 6 meetings then start it all over again. We'll still have an open format so that you don't have to wait for a future meeting to see something demonstrated.
Here is a preliminary agenda which will most likely change throughout the year. Nothing here is in concrete.
- How to build your Retail Link query
- How to build a Product Library and use it to update your planograms
- How to work with multiple planograms both in a single file or individually
- Setting up ProSpace for working with Walmart
- A few points observed from FOCUS 2009
- How to create and use charts
- How to create and use labels
- How to measure items
- How to edit and use images of products
- How to create and use tables
- Tips and tricks on maneuvering shelves and positions
- Using tables and Space Automation to correct your planogram settings and fixtures
- Printing using layouts
- Creating store to modular and item to store reports using MS Access
Of course Paul Sharos of JDA will be there providing his wit and wisdom but more importantly donuts and coffee! Don't forget that both Paul and I provide training on ProSpace. Visit http://www.jdalearn.com/ for Paul's all-day-format training and visit NWACC's website for info on my class.