Sep 15, 2011

Father, Friend, Long Time Co-worker, Paul Sharos


This morning I found out that our long time friend Paul, passed away last night.

The following is an excerpt from an internal memo at JDA...

It is with great sadness that I send this note to inform you that one
of our long standing JDA Associates, Paul Sharos, passed away
unexpectedly this afternoon.

Paul a Senior Instructor in the Education Services team originally
joined JDA in July 1996 with Intactix in the Naperville office.  In
2005 Paul relocated with his family to Arkansas to start up the JDA
Bentonville office.  Paul helped to develop the Training-On-Demand
program to provide custom instruction based on specific customer needs
and historically maintained one of the highest Instructor Revenue and
Instructor Utilization rates.  Many of you had the pleasure of working
with Paul, I understand that he had a good sense of humor and made
friends wherever he went and always made his interactions with others
personal. 

I have been told when Paul wasn’t at work he enjoyed being a “Band”
Dad, spending as much time as he could with his family, and loved
movies and American Idol.

Paul was cherished by his team, friends at JDA, and the many customers
that he touched.

Paul is survived by his wife and three children.

I've known and worked with Paul from our days together at Intactix in the late 90's.  A fond memory of him that I have is when I first met him, he bought me a Packers cheesehead which I still own and occasionally use.  I noticed that he had this giving attitude all the time and you may have experienced it yourself.  For the past 6 years Paul, Michael McClain and I loosely ran an unofficial Intactix Users Group here in NW Arkansas.  We could all count on him for contributing the most to the meetings with his peanut-gallery comments, eye-rolling jokes, donuts, coffee and knowledge sharing.  

I am really going to miss this great personality.  My thoughts are with his family.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard the news of Paul's untimely death. I had the pleasure of working with Paul at Golden Books Publishing, just before he joined Intactix. You have captured the essence of his personality just as I remember. He will be sorely missed by many who have known him. Sue Nielsen

Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear the loss of such a great colleague and professional friend in the industry. Paul worked in my group at Western Publishing (Golden Books) and truly made the work environment a better place. He was not only a dedicated employee but a great family man and friend. He will be missed.
Regards,
Sue Lines